We are so happy you are considering joining our church! Since all that seek to be members come with different experiences and backgrounds, there are a number of pathways to follow in becoming a member of The United Methodist Church.
- If you have never been a member of any church, you may become a member of Royston First United Methodist Church by a Profession of Faith. This is appropriate if you have been baptized but never formally joined a church or you have neither been baptized or joined a church.
- If you have been an active member at another United Methodist Church or a church of another denomination, you can join by a Transfer of Membership.
- If you have professed your faith and been a member of another church of any denomination, but have not been active for a while, you may become a member of Royston First United Methodist Church by a Reaffirmation of Faith.
- If you wish to retain your membership in another United Methodist Church, but also join Royston First United Methodist Church, you may join as an Affiliate Member.
- If you wish to retain your membership in a church of another denomination, you may join as an Associate Member.
Joining the Christian Church
Membership in the Christian church is about a commitment to Christ. As members, we express that commitment through our covenant with Christ’s body, the church. When you take the vows of a member at Royston First United Methodist Church, you make a covenant to uphold the church with your prayers, presence, gifts, service, and witness. We urge you to pray about becoming a member.
Joining the United Methodist Church
Our staff are available to discuss the process of joining the United Methodist Church with you. Joining the church gives you the opportunity to grow in your relationships: your relationship with Christ, your relationship with other believers, and your relationship with those whom we serve.
If you have been baptized in another Christian church, we recognize your baptism and you have the opportunity to join by transfer of membership from another denomination.
Please contact Rev. Matt Parker if you would like to know more about this process.