AN IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM PASTOR MATT:
WHEN WILL THE CHURCH CAMPUS BE OPEN? (APRIL 29, 2020)
On Wednesday, April 29, we shared information about our plans to re-open the church campus on YouTube and Facebook Live. You can watch the video above. I hope you will plan to watch and learn as we continue to plan for in-person worship and on-campus gatherings.
In accordance with the advice we are receiving from our Bishop and District Superintendent, Brian Clark, our campus will remain closed until June 22.
Our plans at this time are to re-open our campus in phases beginning on June 28. We will be continuing to offer a Virtual Worship Service on Sundays at 10:15am for those who may not feel comfortable or unable to gather in person. We still need to take precautions in each of these phases, but they will allow us to gather as safely as possible. We are developing a Health & Welfare Task Force to help us navigate through these times.
We also want to say “Thank you” to all our staff who have continued to bring worship to our homes. Our staff will be taking a Sabbatical Sunday on May 17 for rest and renewal. We will still have a virtual service, but it will be brought to us by others in our conference.
The church office will re-open on May 18 with limited in-office hours on Monday and Thursday. We are asking that you call and make an appointment at least 1 hour prior to coming to the office. We will be wearing masks when interacting with you and ask that you remain behind the barrier that will be placed at the office door. We are also only allowing 1 person at a time in the church office.
Finally, I want to share two personal thoughts with you. First, I miss you! I miss seeing you. I miss talking with you face-to-face. I miss being with you in worship on Sunday mornings. This time of isolation has been hard for all of us, and I look forward to the day when we can all be together again. Second, I have been highly encouraged by the response and engagement of our congregation these last several weeks. Nearly every Sunday, I receive a call or text message from several of you who are worshipping with us online or through the radio broadcast on 100.3 WLOV. On Sunday night, so many of you have shared with me how meaningful the prayer meetings have been for you and our Wednesday night Zoom study has had wonderful participation. During these last few weeks, many of you responded to the call to be the hands and feet of Christ in our community in new ways and it has been heartwarming to watch. All this is to say that while the church campus may have been closed these last six weeks, the church has been alive and active. Thank you for your continued faithfulness and your willingness to show love to our community and extend grace to those in need. I love you. I am proud to be your pastor. And I can’t wait to see all of you!
May the Lord bless you and keep you!
May the Lord make his face shine upon you and
be gracious unto you!
May the Lord lift up his countenance upon you,
and give you peace!
All God’s children said…Amen!
Royston First United Methodist Church will be honoring social distancing guidelines during the month of April. The church office will remain closed and all on-campus programs and activities have been canceled or moved to an online platform.
Church staff members will be working remotely from their homes. If you need assistance, you can call the church office at 706-245-7402 and be forwarded to a staff member.
If you have a pastoral emergency, please contact 706-680-7264.
- Royston First UMC will provide a virtual worship experience each Sunday at 10:15 AM on our YouTube page. We encourage you to also visit our virtual worship page for tools and resources to help guide your virtual worship experience.
- Watch previous services anytime on-demand on our YouTube page.
- Pastor Matt’s weekly message will be broadcast at 1:00 PM on WLOV 100.3 in Royston.
- Thank you for your continued faithful stewardship. You may give any time online.
- Learn more about our Three Easy Ways to Give.
- Please join us for updates and unique content on Facebook.
- Join us on Facebook each Wednesday for our Wednesday Word weekly segment – a moment of devotion, encouragement, and hope.
Royston Kids Ministry
- For children’s programming, check out our Royston Kids Facebook Page.
Royston Youth Ministry
- Keep up to date on the latest information regarding youth ministry by contacting Kenneth and Stephanie Langston.
- The youth will have a Zoom meeting each Wednesday at 6:00 PM.
Joyful Noise Preschool
- The Joyful Noise Preschool is closed in accordance with the Franklin County School system.
- You can still access videos, crafts, and more for your kids to do at home on the Joyful Noise Preschool Facebook Page.
- Please submit your prayer requests to email@example.com.
- Submit your prayer concerns and celebrations to us using our Online Prayer Card.