Over the last three months, church staff and leadership have spent many hours in discussion and prayer about the best and safest way to re-open our facilities. As a result, we are happy to announce that we have returned to worship on our campus at 9:30 and 11:00 AM. We also continue to offer a high-quality, pre-recorded online worship service each week that can be found on our YouTube channel beginning at 9:00 AM on Sunday mornings.
While the full set of guidelines that we’ve felt led to adopt can be found HERE, below is a summary of the main points you’ll want to know if you choose to join us in person:
- Seating in each worship space will be limited. The doors will open 30 minutes prior to each of the services and we ask that you arrive early so you will have time to find your seat.
- All congregant families and worship leaders will be asked both to physical distance at least 6 feet apart AND to wear a facial mask when arriving, departing, and throughout the worship service.
- For your health and safety:
- Hand sanitizer stations are available throughout our facility for your use
- Staff and volunteers will receive temperature checks each Sunday before worship
- Unfortunately, no congregational singing is offered at this time
- Use of restrooms will be limited to one person at a time
- Congregational spaces will be sanitized before and after worship
- As much as possible, we provide a “touchless” experience (i.e., no offering plates or baskets, no hymnals, and no bulletins)
- Our Nursery will not be open until later this summer (ages 4 and under only)
- Church-related small groups (including Sunday School classes) can meet in the Fellowship Hall using the re-arranged tables already set up 6 feet apart, with all participants asked to wear facial masks. Unfortunately, we are not able to offer Sunday School on Sunday mornings at this time. Any group leader wishing to meet on the church campus should contact Julie Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org or 706-245-7402 to schedule your meeting.
- If you or anyone you’ve been in close contact with tests positive for COVID-19 shortly after you worship, please contact Julie Lewis at email@example.com or 706-245-7402 so we can give proper notice to others to self-quarantine and get tested (Note: your confidentiality will be honored).
- We understand that the guidelines above may feel awkward, but be assured that they are not only in keeping with current CDC guidelines and best practices of other churches, but are also consistent with the feedback of the responses to our recent congregational survey. More importantly, they represent what we feel God has prayerfully led us to begin with so that we may safely reintroduce in-person worship at Royston First UMC.
We are excited and we look forward to being with you again in worship on the campus of Royston First United Methodist Church. If you do not feel safe to return to worship at this time, or if you are uncomfortable with the guidelines for gathering, we look forward to continuing to be with you in worship online. Whatever method of worship you choose, I hope you will join us in preparing ourselves for God to do something AMAZING in Royston!
May the Lord bless you and keep you!
May the Lord make his face shine upon you and
be gracious unto you!
May the Lord lift up his countenance upon you,
and give you peace!
All God’s children said…Amen!
Royston First United Methodist Church will be honoring social distancing guidelines during the month of April. The church office will remain closed and all on-campus programs and activities have been canceled or moved to an online platform.
Church staff members will be working remotely from their homes. If you need assistance, you can call the church office at 706-245-7402 and be forwarded to a staff member.
If you have a pastoral emergency, please contact 706-680-7264.
- Royston First UMC will provide a virtual worship experience each Sunday at 9 AM on our YouTube page. We encourage you to also visit our virtual worship page for tools and resources to help guide your virtual worship experience.
- Watch previous services anytime on-demand on our YouTube page.
- Pastor Matt’s weekly message will be broadcast at 1:00 PM on WLOV 100.3 in Royston.
- Thank you for your continued faithful stewardship. You may give any time online.
- Learn more about our Three Easy Ways to Give.
- Please join us for updates and unique content on Facebook.
- Join us on Facebook each Wednesday for our Wednesday Word weekly segment – a moment of devotion, encouragement, and hope.
Royston Kids Ministry
- For children’s programming, check out our Royston Kids Facebook Page.
Royston Youth Ministry
- Keep up to date on the latest information regarding youth ministry by contacting Kenneth and Stephanie Langston.
- The youth will have a Zoom meeting each Sunday at 5:00 PM.
Joyful Noise Preschool
- The Joyful Noise Preschool calendar follows the Franklin County School system.
- The preschool will plan to re-open on Monday, August 10, for the upcoming school year.
- You can still access videos, crafts, and more for your kids to do at home on the Joyful Noise Preschool Facebook Page.
- Please submit your prayer requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.