While the full set of guidelines that we’ve felt led to adopt can be found HERE, below is a summary of the main points you’ll want to know if you choose to join us in person:
- Seating in each worship space will be limited. The doors will open 30 minutes prior to each of the services and we ask that you arrive early so you will have time to find your seat.
- All congregant families and worship leaders will be asked both to physical distance at least 6 feet apart AND to wear a facial mask when arriving, departing, and throughout the worship service.
- For your health and safety:
- Hand sanitizer stations are available throughout our facility for your use
- Staff and volunteers will receive temperature checks each Sunday before worship
- Unfortunately, no congregational singing is offered at this time
- Use of restrooms will be limited to one person at a time
- Congregational spaces will be sanitized before and after worship
- As much as possible, we provide a “touchless” experience (i.e., no offering plates or baskets, no hymnals, and no bulletins)
- Church-related small groups (including Sunday School classes) can meet in the Fellowship Hall, the Gym, or the Sanctuary using the re-arranged tables already set up 6 feet apart, with all participants asked to wear facial masks. Any group leader wishing to meet on the church campus should contact Julie Lewis at email@example.com or 706-245-7402 to schedule your meeting.
- If you or anyone you’ve been in close contact with tests positive for COVID-19 shortly after you worship, please contact Julie Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org or 706-245-7402 so we can give proper notice to others to self-quarantine and get tested (Note: your confidentiality will be honored).
- We understand that the guidelines above may feel awkward, but be assured that they are not only in keeping with current CDC guidelines and best practices of other churches, but are also consistent with the feedback of the responses to our recent congregational survey. More importantly, they represent what we feel God has prayerfully led us to begin with so that we may safely reintroduce in-person worship at Royston First UMC.
We are excited and we look forward to being with you again in worship on the campus of Royston First United Methodist Church. If you do not feel safe to return to worship at this time, or if you are uncomfortable with the guidelines for gathering, we look forward to continuing to be with you in worship online. Whatever method of worship you choose, I hope you will join us in preparing ourselves for God to do something AMAZING in Royston!
May the Lord bless you and keep you!
May the Lord make his face shine upon you and
be gracious unto you!
May the Lord lift up his countenance upon you,
and give you peace!
All God’s children said…Amen!
Royston First United Methodist Church will be honoring social distancing guidelines for the health and safety of our congregation and community. The church office will remain closed and all on-campus programs and activities have been modified or moved to an online platform.
- Royston First UMC provides two on-campus worship services on Sunday mornings at 9:30 AM (in the Gym) and 11 AM (in the Sanctuary). Seating at these services is spaced at least six feet, and everyone is required to wear a mask while inside the facilities.
- We will also provide an online worship experience each Sunday beginning at 8:45 AM on our YouTube page. We encourage you to also visit our virtual worship page for tools and resources to help guide your virtual worship experience.
- Watch previous services anytime on-demand on our YouTube page.
- Pastor Matt’s weekly message will be broadcast at 1:00 PM on WLOV 100.3 in Royston.
- Thank you for your continued faithful stewardship. You may give any time online.
- Learn more about our Three Easy Ways to Give.
- Please join us for updates and unique content on Facebook.
- We post videos and online series to our YouTube page.
Royston Kids Ministry
- For children’s programming, check out our Royston Kids Facebook Page.
- We have Kids Church on Sunday morning at 9:30 AM and our kids meet weekly on Wednesday evenings on campus at 6:00 PM.
Royston Youth Ministry
- Keep up to date on the latest information regarding youth ministry by contacting Kenneth and Stephanie Langston.
- The youth meet weekly on Wednesday evenings on campus at 6:00 PM.
Joyful Noise Preschool
- The Joyful Noise Preschool calendar follows the Franklin County School system.
- You can see pictures, access videos, crafts, and more for your kids to do at home on the Joyful Noise Preschool Facebook Page.
- Please submit your prayer requests to email@example.com.