The Restore God’s Temple campaign is a capital campaign to raise money for maintenance and improvements to the campus and facilities of Royston First United Methodist Church. The campaign began in January 2020, continues today. Through the generosity of those who have supported the Restore God’s Temple campaign, we have been able to facilitate many renovations and needed maintenance to the facilities of our campus.
The objective of the Restore God’s Temple campaign is to raise enough money for the projects in Phase 2. We have already received a pledge for 50% of Phase 2 with a matching challenge to the congregation.
In order to make an online pledge, you must have a log in to our membership database. If you need assistance setting up your log in, please contact our church office at email@example.com.
The campaign is divided into three phases:
Phase 1 of the campaign are projects that are currently in progress or has been recently completed. This phase of the campaign was funded mostly by private donations. The total amount for Phase 1 is $71,098. Projects for Phase 1 include:
- Repair several cracked glass in Fellowship Hall and Education Wing
- Repair columns at entrance of building DONE!
- Repair three Sanctuary windows DONE!
- Replace projectors, screens, and computer in gym DONE!
- New electronic church sign DONE!
Phase 2 of the campaign includes projects that will be started in the next 12-18 months. These projects have been discussed by our church leadership and prioritized based on greatest need. The total estimated cost of Phase 2 is $88,398. Projects for Phase 2 include, but are not limited to:
- Remodel children’s space and preschool area in upstairs section of Education Wing DONE!
- Paint upstairs children’s area and replace bathroom fixtures DONE!
- Remodel downstairs section of Education Wing (Adult Sunday School classrooms)
- Paint upstairs children’s area and replace bathroom fixtures
- Purchase large screen TVs and mobile carts
- Add on to stage in gym
- Improve sound system in Sanctuary DONE!
- Repaint exterior church doors
- Repair entrance to Fellowship Hall
- Replace water fountains in gathering area of Sanctuary
- Improve signage around campus
- Construction of new choir room
- Paint youth room
- Improve sound system in Fellowship Hall
- Extend altar rail in Sanctuary
Phase 3 of the campaign includes projects that are part of our long range plan or wish list. There is no current time table for these projects. The total projected cost for Phase 3 is $371,000. Projects for Phase 3 include, but are not limited to:
- Replace air conditioners
- Finish the unfinished area over Fellowship Hall
- Install elevator for main building
- Establish a capital reserve fund for future maintenance projects
How can you help Restore God’s Temple?
MAKE A ONE TIME DONATION. You make a one time donation to Royston First United Methodist Church for the Restore God’s Temple campaign. You may choose to help fund particular project or you can make a general donation to the entire campaign. All donations are welcomed and appreciated.
There are three ways to make a donation: 1) Make your donation in person using cash or check. You can do this on Sunday mornings using the offering plate or anytime during the week by visiting our church office. 2) Mail your donation to our church office (137 Franklin Springs Street, Royston, GA 30662). 3) Give online. Please make sure your gift is designated for the Restore God’s Temple campaign.
COORDINATE A FUNDRAISER. If you would like to plan a fundraiser with some friends for the Restore God’s Temple campaign, please let us know so that we can coordinate with you. Previous fundraisers have included golf tournaments, yard sales, car washes, and more. Contact the church office at 706-245-7402 or firstname.lastname@example.org to begin coordinating your fundraiser.
Want to know more?
If you are interested in learning more about the Restore God’s Temple capital campaign, please contact the church office and we will set you up with the right person.